Laura Cushman Academy Admissions
Thank you for your interest in The Laura Cushman Academy!
Listed below are the steps necessary for your child’s application process to The Laura Cushman Academy (Multiage - Grade 8).
- To begin the application process, please contact Della Nelson or Tracy Ross at 305-756-8189 or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a parent tour of the school. Tours are scheduled on an individual basis, as we do not have an open house for prospective families.
- Please return your child’s application packet with the required $350 application fee, current psycho-educational evaluation (within last two years), or speech/language or occupational therapy evaluation to The Cushman School’s Main Office. Applications are accepted year round.
- We accept Step-Up for Students, The McKay Scholarship, and have in-house scholarships available to families in need. In-house scholarships may be applied for via F.A.S.T. on our website and may be applied for after an application and application fee has been received.
- After the application packet, evaluations and fee have been received by the school:
- The Cushman School will request transcripts from the applicant’s current school.
- Applicants will be invited by Dr. Della Nelson for an observation with our Speech Therapist and Occupational Therapist. This gives the applicants a chance to meet us, and it allows us to get to know them. After this initial observation, a second visit will be set up either in the classroom or again with our Speech Therapist and Occupational Therapist.
- Tracy Ross, Laura Cushman Academy Director, will notify the parents of applicants in regards to the applicant’s status, availability, and outcome of the visitation.