Middle School Admissions
Thank you for your interest in The Cushman Middle School!
Listed below are the steps necessary for your child’s application process to our Middle School (Grades 6-8).
- Click on and complete the Request Information Form to have an informational application packet sent to your home.
- After receiving the application informational packet, contact Sheri Rentzepis, Director of Admissions, at 305-835-1928 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a tour of our campus to learn about The Cushman School journey, which takes place from nursery through eighth grade. If you are interested in enrollment to the Laura Cushman Academy, please contact Dr. Della Nelson at 305-835-1967 or email@example.com and visit our Laura Cushman Academy page.
- Return your child’s application, $150 application fee, and a copy of the applicant's birth certificate to our Main Office. We accept applications year round and have a rolling admissions policy. We offer re-enrollment to our current families at the end of January for the upcoming school year. We are able to offer new enrollment to applicants mid-February, space willing. It is never too early to turn in an application.
- Applicants for first through third grades will be responsible for giving their current school our Homeroom Teacher Recommendation form, included in the application packet, to be completed and returned by their current school.
- Applicants for fourth through eighth will be responsible for giving their current school our Mathematics and Language Arts Teacher Recommendation form, included in the application packet, to be completed and returned by their current school.
- Transcripts, which include the most recent school year, as well as the previous two years of report cards and test scores, will be requested by the School.
- Applicants will be invited to spend a day at The Cushman School. This gives the applicants a chance to meet us and we can get to know them. All applicants will complete a short academic assessment in Language Arts and Mathematics, to gather information for potential placement.
The Cushman School admits students of any race, color, national origin, or ethnic origin to all of the rights, programs, privileges, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school and the school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, or ethnic origin in the administration of its education, admission, scholarship, loan, athletic and other school-administered programs.