High School Admissions
Thank you for your interest!
Miami-Dade’s oldest continuously operating private school, The Cushman School, has expanded its programming to include a high school division, which is located at 4700 Biscayne Boulevard.
Mrs. Caroline Lewis, the High School Director, along with Cushman’s administrative team has led the progressive planning and implementation of a project-based, educational environment that effectively teaches students to communicate, collaborate and problem solve.
Listed below are the steps necessary for your child’s application process to our High School
- Click on and complete the Request Information Form to have an informational application packet sent to your home.
- After receiving the application informational packet, contact Sheri Rentzepis, Director of Admissions, at 305-835-1928 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a visit to learn about The Cushman School journey, which takes place from nursery through twelfth grade.
- Return your child’s application, $150 application fee, and a copy of the applicant's birth certificate to our Main Office. We accept applications year round and have a rolling admissions policy. We offer re-enrollment to our current families at the end of January for the upcoming school year. We are able to offer new enrollment to applicants mid-February, space willing.
- Applicants for ninth through twelfth grade will be responsible for giving their current school our Mathematics and Language Arts Teacher Recommendation forms as well as our Request for Release of Records, included in the application packet, to be completed and returned by their current school.
- Applicants will be invited to The Cushman School so they have the chance to meet us and we can get to know them. All applicants will complete a short academic assessment to gather information for potential placement.
The Cushman School admits students of any race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, national origin, or ethnic origin to all of the rights, programs, privileges, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school and the school does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, national origin, or ethnic origin in the administration of its education, admission, scholarship, loan, athletic and other school-administered programs.