Cushman's New High School
It’s a historic time for Miami-Dade’s oldest continuously operating private school; The Cushman School has expanded its programming to include a high school division. Located at 4700 Biscayne Boulevard, the official opening for Cushman's High School in its new location is set for fall 2017.
Caroline Lewis, the High School Director, along with Cushman’s administrative team has led the progressive planning and implementation of a project-based, educational environment that effectively teaches students to communicate, collaborate and problem solve like no other school to date.
Cushman High School will….
Celebrate teenagers as agents of change by:
- Demanding academic excellence and developing inquiry;
- Promoting solution-oriented thinking and celebrating innovation;
- Confronting global crises and addressing local challenges;
- Creating projects to personalize and deepen learning while developing individual and collaboration skills;
- Embracing the arts and technology and using them as tools in problem-solving; and
- Providing rich immersion experiences and hosting annual showcases that highlight applied learning.
Cushman High School graduates will:
Click here to learn more about the high school curriculum.
- Have the skills to adjust to varied learning environments;
- Look at the biggest issues of our time and deconstruct the systems at play;
- Embrace scholarship and interdisciplinary approaches to problem solving;
- Be innovative and work easily alone and as part of a team; and
- Recognize that he or she is important and needed in this rapidly changing world.
For additional information or to schedule a tour, please contact our Director of Admissions, Sheri Rentzepis, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Main Office (305) 757-1966.