Laura Cushman Academy Admissions
Thank you for your interest!
Listed below are the steps necessary for your child’s application process to The Laura Cushman Academy.
- To begin the application process, please contact Mrs. Hernandez, email@example.com to set up a parent tour of the school. Tours are scheduled on an individual basis.
- Please return your child’s application packet with the required $350 application fee, current psycho-educational evaluation (within the last two years), or speech/language or occupational therapy evaluation to The Cushman School’s Main Office. Applications are accepted year round.
- We accept Step-Up for Students, The McKay Scholarship, and have in-house scholarships available to families in need. In-house scholarships may be applied for via F.A.S.T. on our website, and may be applied for after an application and application fee has been received.
- After the application packet, evaluations and fee have been received by the school:
The Cushman School admits students of any race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, national origin, or ethnic origin to all of the rights, programs, privileges, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school and the school does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, national origin, or ethnic origin in the administration of its education, admission, scholarship, loan, athletic and other school-administered programs.
- The Cushman School will request transcripts from the applicant’s current school.
- Applicants will be invited by Mrs. Hernandez for an observation with our Speech Therapist and Occupational Therapist. After this initial observation, a second visit will be set up either in the classroom or again with our Speech Therapist and Occupational Therapist.
- Dr. Tracy Ross, Director of the Laura Cushman Academy, will notify the parents of the applicant’s status, availability, and outcome of the visitation.